This vegetable stir fry is high in protein, packed with veg and is so quick and easy to make…basically it’s just awesome!
1 tbsp coconut or olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
1 large leek (finely sliced)
1 large red pepper (finely chopped)
1 large yellow pepper (finely chopped)
150-200g tenderstem broccoli (finely chopped)
50g toasted almond flakes
2 large eggs
2tsp ground ginger
2tsp ground cumin
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic and cook till it starts to brown.
2. Add the leek, peppers and broccoli and cook for 5 mins (stirring every minute or so) until the veg start to soften.
3. Stir in the spices, seasoning and almonds and heat for a further 5 mins or so.
4. Break in the eggs and stir continuously for 2-3 mins until all the veg are coated and the egg has cooked.
5. Serve either on it’s own, or add your choice of protein – smoked salmon and goat’s cheese are great accompaniments!