These flapjacks make a great post-workout snack!
They’re high in carbs but low in refined sugar, and they taste amazing!
Not only that, but they’re also really quick and easy to make.
For the Flapjack Mixture
340g rolled oats
50g light muscavado sugar
3 tsp cinnamon and/or mixed spice
For the Date Filling
225g dried dates
A splash of water
1. Preheat to Gas mark 5/ 170 degrees C (fan-assisted).
2. Heat the dates and water in a pan and mash with a fork until gooey (add more or less water to get the desired consistency – you want it to be runny enough to spread but thick enough to stay where it’s put!).
3. In another pan melt the butter, honey & sugar until melted. Remove from heat and stir in the oats and cinnamon/mixed spice.
4. Grease a baking tin with butter, and spoon half the oat mixture into it, spreading it out and pressing down to make an even, solid layer.
5. Spread the date filling on top of the layer of oats.
6. Spread the remaining oat mixture on top of the date filling.
7. Place in the oven and cook for 20-25mins (or until golden brown).
8. Remove from the oven and leave to cool before cutting into squares!
9. Eat, share and enjoy!!